Monday, May 4, 2009




My well anticipated Sunday had finally arrived. I had pictured it for the last 5 days, up early, packed and out the door by 10:00am; destination unknown. But who was I kidding, I must have been dreaming, because it was more of the typical Sunday, many false starts and then finally on my way.

It was 1:30pm, the van was bulging with an array of baby necessities, the fam minus a sick husband, cameras and more important the chatter of excitement. We had decided that today we would head to Alvinston to visit the A.W. Campbell Conservation Area and hike some of their 8km's of trail. Little did we know that you can't always trust the internet; which earlier in the morning had our full attention as it boasted about a mix of forestry, wildlife, beautiful creek, high lands and low lands. Maybe this was all true and as they say "beauty in the eye of the beholder". But we soon reliazed that none of us were "beholding beauty", when we discovered the best part of this conservation area was the cleanliness of the washrooms. It was time to cut our losses and move on.

Destination : Rock Glenn

A perfect choice. Rock Glenn never disappoints, whether warm and sunny as was the case or dull and cold, there is a beauty that no words can describe. Each time I visit I find I am filled with perfect wonderful senses that I don't even know how to express. It is definetly one of my "seven wonders".

No comments:

Post a Comment